ViMP 3.6 contains the following new features:
- Backend dashboard
The new backend dashboard provides useful information about the growth of your platform.
- ViMP player quality selector (all editions except of ViMP Community)
Different video formats can be defined in the backend and selected within the player.
- Custom media fields
Define additional media fields that will be displayed on the media pages and contain custom data.
- HTML5 upload
We integrated a completely new HTML5 uploader with cross-browser drag'n'drop support.
- Real names instead of usernames
ViMP can be configured to display full names instead of usernames in the frontend.
- Direct upload into channels (channel module)
Authorized users are able to upload media directly into a channel.
- Completely reworked media import (media import module)
The media import module has been reworked completely and offers more functions and control options now.
- Livestream on the start page (livestream module)
A livestream can be displayed on the start page of ViMP.
- Banner ads on smartphones (all editions except of ViMP Community)
Add banner ads that will be displayed within the smartphone template, too.
- Time-controlled media release (ViMP Corporate and ViMP Corporate Campus)
Define a start and/or end date to control the publishing timeframe of each medium.
- Web channel module (ViMP Corporate and ViMP Corporate Campus)
The new web channel allows you to embed media outside of your intranet.
- E-Learning extension (included in ViMP Corporate Campus, optionally for ViMP Corporate)
Create video-based learning courses with questionnairs with the brand new e-learning extension.
- LDAP mixed mode (ViMP Corporate and ViMP Corporate Campus)
Use LDAP authentication and ViMP authentication concurrently.
- Video recording via webcam (beta) (ViMP Corporate and ViMP Corporate Campus)
Record video and audio streams directly from a webcam.
Wednesday, February 14, 2018